Marine Hull Insurance is an insurance product that provides coverage for the ship’s hull along with its engines and equipment, against damage or loss that arises as a result of shipping risks and sea hazards.
- Marine hazards such as bad weather, drowning, collision, etc. (perils of the seas)
- Fires and explosions
- Violent theft by people from outside the ship
- Discharge into the sea (jettison)
- Robbery (piracy)
- Breakdown or accident in nuclear installation or reactor (on ship)
- Collisions with aircraft or other celestial bodies, ground transportation, docks, etc.
- Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, lightning strikes
- Accidents due to loading-unloading cargo or fuel
- Negligence of the captain, crew or guide
- Transport companies
- Loading and unloading companies